RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 AM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

Well actually they couldn’t for the following reasons, the engine requires a tuned length to give the correct backpressure to the engine making it more than twice the length would alter this in a negative way, also there is a heat element Panther engine had the exhaust pipes glowing bright red even in winter this would cause unbearable heat, what if one of the pipes broke the crew would be gassed, the heat could cause damage to the torsion bars then there is the extra space they would take up, if one studies the Elefant it’s exhaust vents at the sides under the sponsons before the citadel, exhaust pipes on the back plate is just an ill-informed modeller with the mechanical knowledge of a bimbo.

There are at least 2 companies now making this tank that at the time was just a figment of imagination, has no one noticed some severe drawbacks with this design the first being the inability to lower the gun the second being the large area where the driver wouldn’t be able to see the same would go for the gunner also there would have been a massive problem opening the engine hatch not to mention the engine being removed, Elefant had two engine running either side and the gun would not foul removal.
+1
I personally like the idea of making some of the tanks that were planned, but never made it to production. The main thing I have against this tank is the motive. Why would the Germans take a very successful tank destroyer and move the compartment to the rear? As RC noted in this post, it would reduce visibility, make repairs in the engine bay more difficult, and prevent the gun from being aimed down.
ORIGINAL: Warlord_Link

Waiting for E-100.

First time I see this tank I think it is VK4502P.
Now that's a paper panzer I'd love to see done. That or a Maus.