RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS GT33 33cc gasser
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 08:11 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS GT33 33cc gasser

ORIGINAL: hobby_man

so guys thumbs up or down on the gt33???? can you hand start the gt33 or do you have to use a starter?

do I buy a gt33 or the syssa?
The SAP 180HP is great little engine that is simple to set-up, start and feed. Excepting for a few very early starter starts while I was getting familiar with it, I have always hand started them ( I have a couple). Very straight forward stuff. Very good power especially when piped; just a forewarning, this engine is a revver so suggest that you prop it to run at 8500 rpm min and it will be happy

The OS has been an absolute bear to start and feed. However, the power is tremendous in this size gas engine, except the blasted thing just won't start. Unfortunately I got a taste of its power in the first couple runs when I actually got good starts out of it and I am definitely interested but not when it's unreliable as it has been. The other unseen problem is apparent lack of tech support (my perception is lack of knowledge) from Hobby services. I'd hazard a guess and say I won't be seeing mine for at least another month from the repairs HS is doing, and it's been over 3 weeks (Nov 18) since I sent it in. Don't ask them what the repairs were, they don't know....very frustrating

So the answer I'd give you is to go with the SAP for reliability alone

Another choice is the Mintor 38...Excellent handling, simple starting and feeding, terrific throttle response but only fair power. However this one tends to turn much larger props than the SAP at lower rpm. Your decision should depend on how you want to use the engine. If you want to race it, get the SAP. If you want scale like speeds, get the Mintor. If you want both, get the OS but be prepared to suffer with that one