RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Nelitz 1/3 Scale J-3 Short Kit build
Old 12-10-2011, 12:05 PM
misterbill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bob Nelitz 1/3 Scale J-3 Short Kit build

The full size J3 I'm modelling actually has aluminium 'tread-plate' style sheeting in the interior, replacing the more usual fabric covering.
I've replicated it with appropriately scale sized styrene sheeting found at an architectural model supply store.

The rest of the interior is scratch built, the seat frames, rudder & brake pedals are from 'Evergreen' styrene tube, control cables are actually braided cable, the rear sling seat is a canvas 'lookalike' fabric stitched accordingly. Though not in the pics the whole control column assembly is made & ready to fit, created from styrene tube, litho plate, and miniature hex head lag bolts.

All the inner controls on the cabin wall are litho plate, aluminium sheeting, wire, beads, miniature screws etc.
The fuel on/off unit was vac formed from styrene.
It's really all just junk box stuff. A good scratch scale modeler NEVER throws anything away just in case......you never know.......

Everything is designed to disassemble and be removable for radio/battery/servo access under the rear sling seat.
The radio switches (2) and charge points are under the yet to be installed flip up front seat cushion.

There's still a bit to do & I'll post some more pix when it's done.

Cheers,
Mike