RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charging Recommendations for Lipo and NiMH
Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Gmen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Recommendations for Lipo and NiMH

Hello battery experts. Can someone please give me some advise regarding the Spartan brushless boat and with additional lipo batteries. The boat comes with 2 7cell Nimh and so I bought a charger that appears to charge both types and 2 at once.

Can someone familiar with the charger and batteries please advise the following:
1. Did I buy the proper charger. If not, will exchange for the correct one. I really want a charger that can cut off and prevent me from accidentally overcharging these expensive batteries.

2. If I have the correct charger, can you tell me exactly how to charge each of the two types of batteries?
What settings, how long, etc...

I have ruined tons of batteries over the years and granted I was using crummy chargers, I still have a problem getting the amps set and etc. If anyone can spell out what I need to do to keep these in good form I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Here's what I purchased...
DTXP4245 DuraTrax Onyx 245 AC/DC Dual Output Multi-Chemistry Balance Charger (5A/3S/40W x 2)
DRA2872 Traxxas 3S "Power Cell" 25C Li-Poly Battery w/Traxxas Connector (11.1V/5000mAh)
two 7-Cell Power Cell NiMH batteries that come with the Spartan Traxxas Boat.