View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Massive Krill Crash - spar failure

ORIGINAL: rc_buster

Hi Dick ,

I agree with the part that experienced pilots knows the limit of each and each airframe.

from the video I can only see a over G's from faulty Snap after a very(very) long dive , at very high speed .

About the life time of the airframe , I average on my last two Krill models (YAK55M , SU29) around 250 flights , most of them aggressive.

Its very hard to know what hapend , I have a lot of ideas why this heppend , but non of them because faulty spar , or any manufacturing defects.

for full disclosure , I fly KRILL AIRCRAFT airplanes as team pilots for the past 6 years .

Safe flying ,
Ido
Thanks for the comments and good to know about your personal airframe's longevity. Obviously you maintain and fly it with care.

I know several sponsored pilots stateside and they part with their demo planes under 100 flights to avoid potential embarassment of a failure during a demo. They are excellent pilots who understand the limitations and have never pushed a plane to a point of failure. Their planes are readily purchased by other flyers who get varied milage from them.

Continue the success you have with Krill Aircraft, it is a positive testament to your skills and validates the manufacturers quality.