RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tanker's Lounge
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: The Tanker's Lounge

Breath in and out... over and over till you remember that each breath is a gift... and could be your last. I'm glad you lived through it. I'm glad you are up and typing.

Did you end up being a ground? I have been to the power company training, I know what that does.

I hear you brother, I have been there, faced the beast, I'm shaking now thinking about you. I have 19 years of Firefighting behind be. Glad you made it back to quarters.

Question your IC and help prevent this in the future. Too much of the story sounds like the calls I thought were spooky, abandoned building, no good escape... confusion, hazards everywhere, I too have been in places that no sane man would go. Why do we rush in to save "stuff" like it's a crying baby?

Everytime we roll, I know that it could get bad. Twice I have shaken a fellow FF hand and went in knowing we would be dead if we failed. In all my years we have had only one bad accident, not on my watch, and nobody has died, FF or civilans. Thank God. Hug your family, they are riding with you on every call.

Very happy it did not flashover!

Talk more or PM me if it helps. Greg