RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anypone own this 1/5 Monster Truck from Hobbyking?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Does anypone own this 1/5 Monster Truck from Hobbyking?

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

fg clone made by rovan, more pics in this link [link]http://www.rovansports.com/products/show.asp?i=662[/link]
only guy i found who owned one was in Aus, apparently he blew the rear diff in 1/2 tank[&:]
Awesome, Just what I was looking for. Definately a Rovan and i've heard some good things about them! For the price compared to my old 2WD FG MT Truck this is a steal.I'm sure some parts like the diff gears may not be hardened but thats a pretty easy replacement. I read the thread on the Guy in Australia with one who blew the diff, said they replaced his diff gears and after 2 tanks he is good to go but swapping to the hardened FG Gears. Heck i've always wanted a Baja also so at these prices I can buy both the BIg Omnster and their Baja and still be a grand under what a new FG MT 4x4 costs almost! Very excited about this. Looks like i'm moving back into Large Scale RC again soon! Once I get it, i'll be sure to come back and post with pictures and videos to let you all know. Thanks again for the help identifying it, those close up pictures really show how much it looks like a FG!