RCU Forums - View Single Post - "A Modest Proposal" To Help With Structural Uncertainty...
Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: G4guy

ORIGINAL: pbusa1400

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Shaun, I think the only way to fix the problem is if people stop buying this junk. Unfortunately, they don't seem to want to stop so, the manufacturers get away with producing crap ....because it sells.

For example: FEJ has a Xmas sale on right now, I can't believe there are people on this board excited about it! Who would buy an FEJ product???? But they do!

Mike
Bingo!!!!!!
Bingo +2

Well,

That's like saying the answer to teen pregnancy is abstinence. It's theoretically a slam-dunk solution, but history teaches that it's not altogether likely. People, as has been well established, will not only keep buying pig-in-a-poke junk...but they'll keep doing it even when they read these threads and see the macabre pics of what turns out to be inside! Not only that, but after they've been warned (and buy anyway), they'll still come in and rant when their equipment looks or works just like they were told. It's like the joke about the guy who goes to a prostitute, then complains that he didn't feel loved.

If I had a dollar for every time someone called me to get a quote on an F-15, then balked at the price with something akin to, "What?? That's crazy cuz 'Brand X' is half that price, and it has the gear, tanks and pipe included!" Well, I'd be rich. Half the time, those people already know about all of the post-mortem surprises and shocking QC issues because when I direct them to them, they say, "I know. But I heard they've fixed that." Guys like that will NEVER stop buying stuff like that. Frankly, I think that guy and that jet deserve each other. The problem is that when that stab lets go and the guy crashes his jet...eventually that crash is going to be the one that gets us all.