RCU Forums - View Single Post - FOFF build.
Thread: FOFF build.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FOFF build.

Got the Gmade chassis, trick little bit of kit.

A few observations:

1) May have to stand the Wheely King tranny up to fit it between the rails. sits on it's side fine and a couple of the pre drilled holes actually line up with it, but the massive spur gear is going to be an issue. I'll wait and see how tight I can package the tranny before I consign it to the bin and go with an AX10/Gmade tranny though.

2) Wheelbase is smack bang on 13.5" with the extended 'King lower links, so these shall be reused for this. New top links shall be made. Well chuffed with how that worked out. :chug:

3) The long wheelbase means that (after some measuring and musing) the 90mm Zero Gmade shocks are a perfect fit to maintain the low slung stance. A set has been ordered.

4) I'm glad I ordered a new set of Junfac shafts for this thing, they are 10mm longer each. My present shafts are too short.

5) Gmade chassis is immensely cool, and I am now thinking of gettin an R1 as it looks like it'd be a quality item to go crawling with anyway. :nice:

6) I may chop the front shock mount tubes off and fit the shocks to the chassis lower down depending on where they come out with the size and look I want to maintain.