Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS GT33 33cc gasser

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

Awesome looking bird Capt G!

Steve

ORIGINAL: Capt G

First runs today on the OS GT-33. Very easy to start but first starts ran backwards until I remembered the info to open the throttle about 1/4''. Then started ok every time. Numbers with a Xoar 19x8 prop were: idle @ 1900 and top at 7080 (running a little rich). First flights tomorrow weather permitting.
Don't know how you are related to Hobbico Steve.... Maybe you can light a fire under Hobby Services.

Spoke to them again yesterday with the same outcome...No engine repairs have been completed, and backplate is coming from Japan. When I quizzed them about why they would run an engine with a broken backplate I didn't get a satisfactory answer; only that it ran fine, twice. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that I needed a starter to turn it over; Tower has the heavy duty starter and lipos and charger in stock. Pure, unadulterated Bovine Skat. Wanted me to buy another 200$ worth of stuff from Tower so that I can start this engine. I've been in this sport for 43 years and never have I encountered worse incompetence