RCU Forums - View Single Post - My 1/12 Jammin CRT.5 big block build
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My 1/12 Jammin CRT.5 big block build

I just came in from running this truck tonight (1:30am). I finally have it all together how I want it. I was having issues with the stock steel spur gear eating thru my supply of aluminum threaded pinions. It chewed up 2 LST pinions and 2 HPI pinion. so I know I had to change it out.Plus I wanted more spur gear options. so I went with the plastic Revo spur gears. I got the revo spur fabricated to fit on the center diff, and my jaco foam wheels came in yesterday! So I though since in was this late at night and traffic is light I would take it out on the street and start to tune it a bit and see what its got!

I attached my Garmin Forerunner GPS and started tuning. I only got 4-5 passes in tonight as it was too cold to be out in the wind. It is only 35 degrees out and windy on top of that. when i first started running the engine wouldn't warm up so I brought it back in and wrapped some aluminum foil around the head and went back out. first passwas only about 45mph it was still too cool and way to rich so I let it warm up some more and leaned the lsn about an hour. next pass was better at 53mph and it was starting to warm up more but still barely over 200 degrees. I then leaned it out another hour and did one more pass at 62 mph. this is the fastest I had it yet! on the last pass it hit 67.4MPH [>:] and I had to cut it short since car pulled out onto the road. it was still climbing and it could have easily got into the 70's! Bottom line... this car is stupied fast!! but I don't think I will really see its full potential untill the spring and it starts to warm back up outside.

Also with the plastic Revo spur gear I've had no more issues chewing up either spurs or pinions.