RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 02:05 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: namewasdallas

Nitro-rob, I get what your saying now, but i think you get the feeling that the sensored isn't as fast because its alot smoother and more linear compaired to sensorless where its jumpy sometimes because there's no hall sensor to send feedback to the esc on rotor position. So the sensorless have a different feel. Both still great motor's as i run sensorless in the storm.

You can get the tekin Pro4 motors from Stormerhobbies and find a discount code and get it for like $115.00 there usually $135.00 There so worth the money like I said there the best motor out for SC trucks. I may switch mine over to my firestorm to see what happens. I really want there 3300kv and to run it on 3s in the firestorm it would be ballistic

I think my negative experience is because the novak ballistic motors are just weak (although incredibly sure footed). The X-11 motor performed similarly.
Check out this video for a direct comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubi1U7hFxjA

Peloche:
It looks like you had an impact that stretched your a-arm. That is likely not routine wear from the arm pivoting. Before the RPM stuff came out I changed my arms once or twice a season on my nitro firestorm.

Hello Pancake, nice to see you.

You can get bearings, I can't remember the size but I bought them from am esky helicopter for about $4.00. The dimensions of those bearings are in this thread or the nitro one, I can't find it off hand.