RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Dornier DO 335
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ESM Dornier DO 335

ORIGINAL: jimkron

I found a pen at the art store called a Gelly Roll Medium White. Sort of a ball point pen. Very sharp edge. It comes in a fine line as well. I would get both. I used a metal ruler and a Gelly Roll to draw the panel lines on the wing. For the fuselage I just ran the pen down the panel lines.
Remember...very very light touch with lots of line breaks...nothing is solid...less is more. Its almost impressionistic. Let the mind fill in the rest. You can experiment with going over the white lines with a light charcol pencil as well to break up the white and make it fade a bit. The P-38 picture is your inspiration. I will say this...converting my plane to electric made this a lot easier. No fuel proofing. Months later, I'm still adding...experimenting. Like painting on a canvas.

jim
Thanks for your tips. I picked up a ton of white and silver pens at Michaels over the weekend. This took me 2 minutes with a Uni-ball Gel Impact silver pen. This is the ESM Raiden btw, my build thread is up here too. Just sharing! These Raidens were worked to death, so I think I will really weather it.

Airburshing and charcoaling will make this thing look awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27072.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	1701910