RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 AM
heinzulrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence

Gentlemen, more questions, About my 215 starting problems with Priming the engine.

So 1st power on- ignition off , full throttle, close choke. Flip prop get fuel into engine. Problem, fuel not getting drawn into engine . SO, pull engine out , check fuel tank hoses and fuel lines pressure test fuel line and tank so far every thing OK. no leaks. SO, next step, check cylinder bolts, all tight. Actually checked all engine bolts , All tight. Reassemble everything and try again, no luck now this is all by hand flipping the prop. So, try with electric starter , after a few attemps of spinning the engine over ( no chock) she finally fired. I let the engine warm up for about 3-4 minutes increased rpm everyting is good. Shut engine down, let cool for 10 minutes, tryed hand starting, no luck, ended up using starter again. I must say that last year I had no problems at all, she just started like a dream , every time. Any ideas or sugestions on where to go next. I did forget to mention that I had a minor crash. Had to send the engine to RCS for repairs $700+. This was before they went over to TBM.

Heinz