RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
WVrailfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

I used Testors Model Master Laquer in the 3 oz spray cans. For this plane I used Hemi Orange, Chrysler Yellow and AMCSterling Silver.

I have also used Krylon spray paint on foam planes with pretty good success.

You will likely have to prime any area you removed decals,since the original paint will come off with the decal, I use a good automotive light gray, butI have also used Krylon and it is okay. I try to leave as much original paint as I can as primer.

I wipe down anything I'm going to spray paint with some rubbing alcohol to remove oil and dirt.

I use green Frog tape for masking and I stick it to something like my shirt to remove some sticky before using it. Getting paint to stick to foam is a challenge and this tape is the only kind I have found that won't pull off the original paint or primer I have applied.

There are some folks here that have created much better looking planes than I, so I am no expert. This is just how I do mine.

Good Luck
Jim
ORIGINAL: ka9fax

Hi Jim,
Great looking bird!!!!!!!!! just wondering if u would tell me the paint color's u used, i know u said Testors brand. also did u repaint the whole wing and fuse? Also if u can give me any tips on how u painted it as far as masking and 1st few steps. This will be my 1st paint job and not to sure what to look out for. reason im asking is i crashed two planes due to them blending in with sky, the plane flys so well i keep rebuilding, i always want to keep one in my hanger. So mabe if i go with this yellow. i will see better.
thanks for your time
Tony