RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch Build - 1/8 Scale, C-2A Greyhound
Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
chymas
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scratch Build - 1/8 Scale, C-2A Greyhound

I will have 4 vertical stabilizers with the outboard being full length and the inboard being just the upper section. The inboard left hand is stationary with no rudder or tab, the inboard right hand has a functional rudder and tab with 16 deg deflection on the rudder and an additional 16 deg on the tab when moving to the right and only 2 deg on each when moving to the left. the outboard rudders and tabs top and bottom on each side have 20 deg deflection on both the rudder and tab in both directions.

Iwill be using high torque servos for rudders and elevators.

I plan to upload some photos later this evening.

ORIGINAL: Props4ever

I like to see how you will build this model, i'm having hard time with 3 fins and 5 rudders on my Connie, here you got 4 fins and how many rudders........

It sure is different subject and i like it, you will have to watch ur weight in the tails, it wont take much to have tail heavy airplane specially with not too long fuse in front of the wing....

Good thinking for adding functional tabs on the tailplane, those will help in reducing weight by use of mid to high range servos instead of using all MG servos. I did same on my Connie, this way i'll use high torque but non metal gear servos on the rudders but will use single MG servo for both elevators.