RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:00 PM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

I guess that is why some like differnt flvors of ice cream. and different glow and gas. I started out as a kid with glow engines and that is a part of my life that I do not want to give up. I actually love the smell of the nitro and the clean up is just part of the hobby I grew up with. As for the 50 cc size war birds I still have some of the big Tigre 4500's and I fly my GS. Top Flite P-47 with one and I can almost stay with my buddy flying the same plane but with a DA-50. He paid around $600. for the Da50 and I paid $200 for my 4500 , I can use a lot of fuel before I catch up with what he paid. Plus he needed an extra battery pack and kill switch and he has to pay a little more for fuel without the Ethenol so he does not clog the carb he has already had to rebuild. and I do not have to worry about Ignition going bad and if you have the mag then it is harder to start and more vibration. Sure you can buy the popular 50Cc ebgines cheaper today but time will prove there worth. I also have a couple of gas engines that I use like the G-62 and a 3W-60 but I use them for certain circumstances. I do not like keeping gas in my house. I just like my 4500's thay are very strong and the fuel is a little cheaper because they run on 5%. I guess I'am just an old fart that does not like to much change.

thanks Bob