RCU Forums - View Single Post - replacement carb old OS91 Surpass
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:00 AM
jwayne
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: replacement carb old OS91 Surpass

Thanks for the responses. I regret that I did not better explain my problem. The stripped threads are on the carb body and not the needle assy. I tried JB weld on the outside of the assembly and it held up for about 6 flights before it started leaking again. I cannot put the JB weld on the inside due to it would block the fuel inlet nipple and possibly the hole in the carb body for the needle. Presently, I am trying to buy another old engine from EBAY and use it's carb. Also, my son found that one can buy just the carb body from a store in Sweden and another in New Zealand. You say why not just buy a new engine? Well, I enjoy resurrecting such broken items and seeing the plane fly again if at all possible. The idea to use a remote carb is an interesting one which I will consider more. I am not sure how I could do it but it is a possibility. I am considering buying the carb body from overseas but I am wondering it the body comes with the cylinder installed within that the needle fits into. If so, that would be a good possibility but I am unable to remove the cylinder within my carb body so I hope it comes already installed. Maybe family witll help me out with a christmas present of a new engine....dreaming....thanks again Wayne