RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:08 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

I fly both glow & gas airplanes. Sometimes I mix my own glow fuel too. But with glow here is what can happen.
1. Go to start engine and it needs several flips to get it too fire!
2. Opps ..got too much prime= flooded. Now the engine kicks back hard...that hurts!!
3. Finally starts but is running backwards...shut it down and try again.
4. Well lets turn up the glow driver. Opps too much...burned out the glow plug.
5. Get engine running but it needs more tuning....the weather changed???
6. Done flying...got to run fuel out of engine. Any left in there is going to eat up parts inside engine. Nitro is very corrosive..you know makes rust.
7. Get the after run oil and get some through the engine to prevent rust! If you like a good engine.
8. Find some rags or paper towels and some spray cleaner to clean oil off airplane. Some fun!

My Gas airplane fits in truck with one wing off. Next too start.

1. Install wing (one side) and plug in servo connecter.
2. Fuel up if needed. Sometimes I leave 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel in it if I plan to fly the next day!
3. Choke and flip utill engine fires. Then with a couple of flips the engine is running.
4. The flight is good as far as engine goes...gas engines stay in tune better than glow engines.
5. No need to wipe a lot of oil off airplane. Nice! No need to empty fuel tank! Its best to leave some fue in to keep carb wet.

Both Glow and Gas powered airplanes are fun...try it and see! Best Regards Capt,n