RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gas or electric? Give it to me!
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gas or electric? Give it to me!

ORIGINAL: CorsairJock

ORIGINAL: Garyav16
................. Would you own an Electric Harley Davison or will they every make one because they want to go green? HELL NO! Big Kids fly Gas! ...............
Completely un-related to any close to being intelligent conversation.
I own a Harley, NO I would not buy an electric one, Yes I own and fly fuel powered model aircraft, Yes I own and fly electric powered aircraft.
So I guess that makes me: .......... a very confused 'kid'?
If you truely believe that what determines whether or not we use electric power is the size and/ or expense of our 'toys', then you are completely missing the point(s). I suggest you go back and re-read some of the posts. In most, if not all cases: the reason we choose to use electric power has to do with just about everything BUT size, or the desire to make noise.

I chose electric power for my Top Flite Mustang for one reason: I did not want to desecrate the streamlined Mustang cowl.I have several fuel engines which could have been installed, but that would have required me to chop holes in that cowl.

As far as being 'green'': that is highly debateable, since rechargeable batteries are not exactly ''green''
ORIGINAL: Garyav16
Grown man gets a 30.06 to hunt with and a kids gets a BB gun.

Gas = 30.06
Nitro = .22
Electric = BB gun
and I thought grown men got .50 cal these days.
Real men hunt grizzlies with a butter knife.