RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 AM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

It looks like modelers are geting lazy, It is so hard to pick up a bottle of windex and spend a few minutes cleaning up you pride and joy. I know I even clean up my gas planes to keep them looking nice and shinny , I think that is one stupid excuse to compare glow to gas. I always use a starter on both my glow and gas engines and if you are cranking either by hand well stupid is as stupid does. If not already then someday those fingers will pay for not using a starter. If you have that much of a clean up then you are probably running your engine to rich and if it is so hard to turn a needle valve a tweek I guess we are geting lazy and want everything to be a perfect .To me half the fun I get out of the hobby is the self satisfaction of ovecomming the little adversaties the hobby throws at me. If you like gas then by all means stay with it and if you like glow then also just stay with what turns you on. If you take the time to check your engine out before flying like check the plug check to make sure all the mountiong bolts are tight make sure the prop nut is tight when you fuel you engine make sure you don't overfill it and if you do just feel the prop and if it is tight pull the plug and let the excess run out. These are things you should be doing with gas engines also better to be safe and know that everything is ready to go then just go ouy there hap hassard and just set the plane down and choke it a start the eng. by hand and just say everythinf is fine . I have seen guys with gas engines with have just as many problems as the glow engines. Ihave been flying RC since 1968 and flying contoline since 1953, so I think I have seen just everything that can go wrong go wrong. Have a merry Chritmas and Happy New Year and happy holidays to every one.

thanks Bob