RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jr Falcon Build
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Rubbernecker
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jr Falcon Build

I'm kinda the lone wolf at my club with 1/2 A. Wish we had some others that flew them. They're pretty economical. I had some ukies out there this summer and you should have seen all those grown men laughing. I have a buddy that I built a Stunt Chimp (copy cat of Stunt Man) for and he flew uc for the first time. He is a very good rc pilot with fixed wing and helo's. Well, after I flew it and some others, I told him it was his turn. Fueled it up and let it run to burn some off and I launched. He was doing pretty good till he started getting dizzy. I was rolling around on the ground laughing. Finally he went down and I'm crying telling him he cannot fly from the ground. He was on his knees going around. I would have paid a million bucks to have it on video. I couldn't have shot it because I was laughing too hard. Anyway, he finally made it back to his feet and she ran out of fuel. Stuffed it a few times and then it broke. Ca'ed it back together and was back in the air. Had him doing loops before we were done. What a hoot. My side hurt for a week after that. I have the plans to the Mini Mambo that I plan on putting in cad so I can cut kits. I already have the plans to Bob Harris's Micro Mambo (he sent them to me) in cad and a cut file, just haven't found time to build it. Got the stab glued on the Jr Falcon and glassed the wing. Bottom side only. Won't be doing any outside maneuvers. Merry Christmas.

John