RCU Forums - View Single Post - FOFF build.
Thread: FOFF build.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FOFF build.

I'm full of turkey and cheap imported lager, but pushed on with the build today. Sat looking at the tranny for about an hour before deciding to throw caution to the wind and go about it and the cage with a knife. Cut down the tranny mounting nubs down one side, fitted the new motor plate, filled it with alloy (for now) gears, bunged the spur back on it and sized it into the available gap.

Bit of cutting to the battery and radio plates, drilled new tranny mount holes in the chassis floor and 'released' a bit of space around the spur and bobs your uncle, she was in. In order to line the spur up in a convenient gap in the cage I had to move the entire chassis plate backwards. This required me to re cut all my links as they join to it and were no longer the correct length... Joy! Upside is they are now finalised and I am happy with the geometry. Only thing I have really left to do on the tranny is just fit a top brace to support the motor. Presently it is supported by only three screws in the bottom and there is more movement than i would like.

Also mock fitted my electronics, battery will go right side and be a small 3s pack of about 22-2500 mah.

Now just waiting on my shafts and shocks. :nice: