RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is combat dead?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Is combat dead?

ORIGINAL: 378

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: 378

ORIGINAL: Clean

Why would you want to avoid midairs? They're BEAUTIFUL. Specially if the planes involved are made of beaded styrofoam. The snow will come down for minutes.

Because midairs cost a fortune. I want to see combat done with much more scale looking stuff in the .40 to .90 size range, aircraft too expensive to be smacking into each other. That, combined with the lasertag 'weapons' and FPV control, will make for MUCH more realistic and interesting dogfights from the non-RC'ers perspective. Anyone who appreciates air combat could watch and enjoy.
ORIGINAL: Fly2XS

@378 let's not bash someone for pointing out facts.

I have no respect for smug Europeans acting like they're better than us because they pay more for fuel. They get both barrels from me if they start that crap up.
Their fuel is not any more expensive than ours. They just like to pay more taxes. That is where the expense is.
Their fuel is more expensive. Simple math. We pay around $3 a gallon or so, give or take half a dollar. They pay between $6 and $8. Therefore, their fuel is more expensive. It doesn't matter how it gets more expensive, fact of the matter is, they have to spend more money to buy the same volume that we do.

Also, I doubt they like paying more in tax than they do on the fuel itself.
I disagree. If they choose to pay more for gasoline, through government policies of their own, then they should not complain about their gas prices relative to ours. Gasoline has a world market value. They choose to dump all of their social government taxes into gasoline. In fact in my state, one third of our gas price is taxes. Mostly for road repairs. Thankfully they have not dumped health care onto it yet. Then we would be paying $8 as well.