RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA 18MZ HAS ARRIVED
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 AM
jetbike007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA 18MZ HAS ARRIVED

Hi all,
Just come back from the RAF Barkston winter fly-in and got to see a 18MZ in the flesh.
Personally I think it's a massive improvement on the 14MZ I owned.
Gone are the dodgy screens
Gone are the short battery durations
Gone is the Module system
Gone is the balance problem ( no more silly offset bracket required)
It feels slimmer, less chunky and even smaller even though it isn't!
I run a 12Z at the moment because I like the 14's programming and the 12 Z is the same, but hated the chunky case and touch screen.
I am now convinced that Futaba have addressed all the issues with the 14MZ plus given you a whole host of extras.
The switchable massive timer screen (when actually flying) is just one example that Futaba listen!!
I am definately convinced!
Mark Hinton Flew his Torus and Skymaster A10 (twin Jetcat 100RX powered) on his 18MZ and I've seen with my own eyes the smoothnes, functionality, and un-questionable range
capabilities of this new transmitter!
It's not just ahead of the field, it's in the next universe!
And I speak from experience as all who know me know that I've tried all the rest ( at a cost of a small fortune I must add, as 6Weatronic 12ch receivers, 6 JR 12 ch receivers and a DSX12 tranny don't come cheap!
You really do need to get one of these 18MZ's in your hands to do them justice.
After Mark had been flying all day in cold weather his TX battery was still reading 100%!
Alright I know you have to give up your first born to own one but lets face it, if you're a jet jockey you know you can buy some right crap kit wise for 2 grand and then have to make it fly!
At least the 18MZ works right out of the box!! and you know all your models will drive better and benefit from it.
That's my two-penneth anyway, sorry in advance If I upset any body that flies the other Radio.
Happy new year to you all!!
Glyn.......