RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *** CLUB SUPER TIGRE ***

ORIGINAL: SRQFlyer

Hi,
Might I join? I have a S3000, S2500, (3) G23s, G90 (to be dieselized), G75, GS45 and (2) GS40s (thinking of a twin). One of the G23s is in an Ultrasport 1000 that is 20+ years old and is the best flying plane ever!
I guess I have been lucky - the only time I ever had a dead stick with any of my Tigres is when the glow plug blew (completely) out!
I had some others I should have kept: a rear exhaust X.61, a baffle-piston .51 and a 1971 G20/23. Oh, well.

I do need some help from you folks. I have a ''basket case'' S40K (ringed, Italian) that DOES NOT have the dished-in head. It has a head like the current GS 40. Does anyone have the original parts listing so that I can figure out what GS40 parts might fit - or a list of what they know would work? I know from Frank Bowman that the rings are identical, which makes me think the pistons would be also. I have some extra GS40 cranks and sleeves, but it would be nice to know without tearing down an engine and measuring everything. Tower's ''parts usage'' does not reflect the older models that the parts might fit.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Boy with that line up not only can you join but I think you can be the pres. Cheers the pope