RCU Forums - View Single Post - sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw
Old 12-27-2011, 07:03 PM
parpar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sd-10g 2 servos per aileron surface c-mix does not work right past 100% throw

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

Ok, just guessing and I don't usually do 4 servos for ailerons, so I thought I'd try it out.

So, I set the Aerotemplate to 2 ailerons and 2 flaps. Set both aileron servos to 150% epa's and left the flaps as is. Set 2 C-mixes. LA+ to LF and RA+ to RF, both with points 1 & 9 set to +/-150%. Set FL1 and FL2 switches to null and both C-Mixes to On.

Works, all 4 channels go to +/- 150% at full aileron deflections and the trims work too. Did not try D/R's so I don't know that answer and I didn't try Flaperons.

So, I'd guess we need more details.

Update, I looked closer and indeed the flaps aren't in sync with the ailerons.

Ok, I see what's going on. If you look at the graph on the C-mix. With 150% epa's on the master channel, the master stick input (ail) to the C-mixstops at 100% epa, giving the 150% output on the slave (as set or whatever is set), but still leaves the ail stick well short of the stop - the portion between 100% epa and 150% epa. Effectively, any master channel epa over 100% will not cause a response on the slave channel, the slave channel will have maxed out at that point. As the graphic is drawn, you get +/- 100% on the master against +/- 150% on the slave. But, at anything less than or = 100% epa on the master and the C-mix has balanced output.

So, I'm not a glider guy either, but I tried it there. Set Glider template to 2 ail and 2 flaps. Disconnect stick from flaps in VR menu and assign stick to MTor motor. Set aileron to +/-150% epa's and set flap epa's to +/- 0%. In Mixing,go toAI to Fl1 and set 100%for LA>LFand RA>RF. In Sw menu set AI to FL1 to On. This seems to work perfect.

hey thud driver Thanks for confirming what i saw. Yep played with it for three hours in AERO mode and then went to GLIDE. Ailerons perfect, then went on to get the throttle to work right.Got itto work but did not like the fact that i lost "Throttle cut" ended up going back to the hitec programmer and AERO settings along with making sure all my linkage was matched as best i could(control horn linkage to hinge center line, linkage length...). Surface control horns only have three positions to adjust linkage to hinge line so i got it closer and the fought with programing servo throw until i got it to synic up. perfect now but what a pain going back and forth between the progrmmer and receiver. Nice to have throttle cut back. 120 cc is a little freaky when you can not turn it off. Thanks again for confirming what i saw.