RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

Truckracer,
Excellent post[8D]
After 3 seasons of hassle free flying with two small gas engines (20cc & 26cc), the only glow engines I own are .90 class 4 strokes. If I were starting out all over, I would probably be all gas and electrics for small models, EDF's (I'll never own a gas turbine on my ''fixed''income[&o]) and as I also love sailplanes, brushless motors and Lipos certainly have their place[8D]
Best to all for a Happy and Healthy New Year!,
Pete
Thanks,

Just trying to stay within the spirit of what the OP was looking for when he created this thread. One thing is clear in this thread, there are quite a few very uninformed opinions about what the gasser flying experience is all about. Just to be fair though, there are also quite a few informed opinions from those who just don't care for gassers and I certainly respect that viewpoint. One point I completely agree with though .... all forms of engines and motors have their place in our hobby.

I still own more glo and electric powered planes than I do gassers but the gassers get flown more often. For the die hard glo supporters, I was an avid pylon racer for many years and glo certainly rules there. I don't travel to many races these days but still fly the planes on occasion just to enjoy those beautiful, high performance engines.

Now, its warmer out today and the wind is down so I think I'll go fly something!