RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why Gassers are more addictive or better than Glows e?

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: speedracerwon

By the way OliverJacob,

I understand that the Avgas is better for the small Walbro carburetors that most small engines use. The lack of the many additives that regular pump gas contain are not found in Avgas. Thus the diaphragm and other parts in the carb are not effected by the Avgas.

It is also nice in the event that if you were to get it on your hands and clothes the smell is gone in a few minutes as opposed to being on you the whole day.

Look I am a mechanic and have smelled enough fuel products to last a lifetime. Avgas is a pleasure for me.

Vinny
This might be true for 80 octane avgas. But 100LL and has additives namely toulene to keep the octane high without lead. There was an AD years ago to replace the plastic carb floats with metal floats because the gas was eating up the floats. Now maybe because it has no ethanol it is better, but not sure about toulene's effect on diaphrams.

I would love to try 80 AG but the octane is too low for the high compression ZDZ's so I am sticking with 92 pump gas and Stihl HP Ultra.

Toluene??? NASTY stuff. Great for removing the furr off any critter but I would not even consider running it through my engines. Toluene has many uses as a solvent and also as a drying agent making some materials hard and brittle. A derivitive of Benzene. I would not wash my hands in it or brush my teeth with it either.