RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP OV-10 Bronco (refurb job)
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP OV-10 Bronco (refurb job)

OK I've been busy over the last few days, I got the mains move forward about 5 1/2". The pic shows the old location and the new location in the front. No wonder the plane had a hard time rotating on take off.

The Centry Jet gear are fairly scale, but they don't retract but about 75 to 80 degs. I can't seem to get the slight forward rake of the fullscale (pic#2) and still get them retracted all the way in the boom. I've not given up yet.

I've moved the nose gear too. It was to far forward. The original owner made a mount for the gear in front of the cockpit. I notice under the battery mount that there was already a mount there. with only a slight modification of the mount I was able to drop it right in the stock/scale space. Now I need to mount the steering servo. I forgot to get pics of the nose gear. I will post some tommorrow.

I said I was going electric on this one. However after lots of searching, reading, and PRICING, it is not in the budget to go electric. Also it doesn't seem like it would fit my flying style. (10 to 15 minute flights). I will be going with DLE 20s now. I saw one fly years ago on 2 G-20s and the DLE-20s are stronger, so everthing should be good to go.

more to come,
Kelly

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92987.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1706187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67753.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1706188