RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie wants in
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie wants in

if you are at all planning on racing i would stay away from the Slashes. 2wd or 4wd, both have high center of gravities, making them terrible racers. i would go with either the Losi Ten SCTE or the AE SC10 4x4. however, the Losi is a roller but still need electronics so you will have to put in some dough to get it running even after purchasing it. if you could live with a 2wd that is still very capable of being very competitive and winning straight out of the box, have a look at the AE SC10 RS. its a 2wd SCT that comes out the box upgraded for racing. however, regardless of what you choose, you will need a minimum of a battery and charger, possibly more, depending on what your vehicle of choice comes with. here is a good but affordable lipo battery pack that will provide around 30-45 minutes of runtime in most vehicles and here is a nice charger that has worked fine for me. feel free to ask any questions you may have.
ORIGINAL: SNOWMAN7765

They both have the Traxxas Nitro Stampede and they never run. Super loud ( drives the wife nuts) smell bad and I have become an expert on them due to the fact that my son will not read the manual to trouble shoot. So I am all about electric and just dont want to spend $200.00 on a beginer truck then have to upgrade like crazy and end up with a $700.00 truck and could have just bought the more expensive one in the first place. Sorry for the massive run on sentences. So SC ? is the way or is there a specific Traxxas Slash I should go for like the Platinum ?