RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Tornado Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 PM
runner1514

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tornado Thread

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

I would advise against the two speed swap. Most of us have migrated away from the two speed. Unless you change the gearing it never lets the engine get up to full rpm's in second. Mine actually runs faster in first gear. I tightened the shifting clutch so it won't shift and my Tornado has much more power. Second gear just bogs down. In the beginning of this thread you can read about using HPI clutch bell pinion gears but I can't find 13 tooth pinions available anymore. The lowest I've found are 15 tooth. And I may have misunderstood your reply but it reads like - Great...I don't have to take it apart! You do have to take it apart. Remove the engine from the chassis and tighten the clutch bell screw on the end of the crankshaft.
I was being sarcastic aboutnot having totake it apart haha.. but thanks for the info!
I only run the car on the road so I thought that maybe the 2 speed would give me some extra speed. I figured that if it doesn't work now, then maybe in the future if I end up upgrading the engine.
BTW, which engine do you run on yours?

ShredderGuy, how sure are you about me needing the 2 speed clutch (02045)? I thought that part might come already with the new transmission (one of the reasons being that the upgrade kit to a 2 speed transmission doesn't list that part) hereand because I didn't see it mentioned in other posts much earlier in this thread.