RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmirski's Taurus

The film I have was definitly a competition day but I have no way of knowing if Ed's flight was a demo or competition. I would be surprised if there was any demo flights during the competition flying. If some one knows how to contact Jerry Nelson he may remember more, he lives outside Ft. Worth, Tx and I think I sent him a copy of the film a couple years ago. I am sure that it is Jerry helping Ed and I think it was Bob Dunham cranking the engine.

Many years (approx. 1980) later I spent a night on a pontoon boat with Bob Dunhan at Lake Havasu, AZ. At that time Bob was molding plastic parts for the R/C industry and I was one of his customers using his stick gimbals and single stick rudder knobs. I had gone to Phoenix to attend the auction of the remains of Proline and after the auction I flew to Lake Havasu. After we talked business for a couple of hours we went down to the lake and set out on Bob's pontoon boat. After dinner on the boat I had the oportunity to ask Bob more about the history of Orbit. He talked till about 2:00am, now I wish I had a recording of his stories. We slept on the boat and at sun up I heard something rattling, opened my eyes and Bob was cleaning the skillet preparing our breakfast and having his first beer of the day.