RCU Forums - View Single Post - FOFF build.
Thread: FOFF build.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FOFF build.

Roight, so like I said I had a few reservations about the setup of the tranny in the R1 chassis. I ended up cutting the cage to fit it and didn't like the weakness it introduced into the chassis.

So I binned that idea and went on the hunt for a new chassis, finding out that Gmade had just released a new 2.2 version of my favouritest chassis ever, the Stealth. I decided to stop messing about and ordered a gmade tranny to fit in it properly as well. The stealth tranny is about 10mm wider, so there's more room to breathe in there. Got the shocks mounted, and as she sits she needs shafts and the leccy bits mounting (received some 2000mah 3s 40c lipos that fit nice).

Ran into an issue with the shafts because of a stupid oversight I made, Gmade output is 5mm and wheely king axle pinion drive is 6mm. So to use the nice carbosteel shafts I got I will have to file a mm of material off the axle drives. :banghead:

Anyway, enough babbling. Here is how she looks now.

As you can see, it sits under a Blitz bodyshell nicely, and has quite a bit of flex still. I will limit the movement of the shocks before use to kill the ride height a bit. Looks a bit 'tippy' to me.