RCU Forums - View Single Post - *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 AM
profmb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *ASM Cessna 182 (10ft) 30-50cc*

Hi Captmicom
I am not sure if that is congratulations or commiserations! Whatever, you have a nice challenge in front of you... I am not sure if you have experience of the interiors kit - but my view is that it is rubbish, and now I understand what they have done - basically a floor and some cabin lining, with the seats, I would make up the interior myself. I ended up mounting the thin abs floor on 1/8th plywood, because there was so much flex the seats wobbled all over the place. The cabon lining is a poor fit to the windows and I am thinking that I will need some thin extruded gasket/ fillet type material to make a decent abutment.

So if I were to make a lining I would do so from thicker plastic card and some balsa rails to frame the window and fix the card to. At least then one could add more realism too, for a 'stand-off' scale look. I appreciate that it is more work, but I guess it depends on how much time you woud wish to commit to it?

I have been working on mine, on and off for the last year, and it is now complete apart from some small odd bits. However, the UK is being lashed by one storm after another, and torrential rain - it has beenn like this for weeks here in the south west. So I may not get to fly her for a while yet, for fear of sinking into a foot of mud!

Finally, I ended my last post with a request for advice on compensating trim requirements for the elevator when at full flaps? What was you experience of this? Was any required?

My next project is an Aeroworks 50cc Ultimate with a Roto 85FS up front. ..."I so love the smell of petrol (as opposed to napalm - if you ever saw the film) in the mornings!!'

Cheers
Matt