RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats up with Sierra Precision?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:42 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Whats up with Sierra Precision?

I gotta say.. i heard lots of good things, and didn't see much bad about him.. till after my experience. I bought a set of gear and scale wheels for a FW-190 from him. one of the main gear fell apart after 4 or 5 cycles of the gear by hand before it was even installed. 4 1/2 months after asking for the correct hardware (they used a standard machine nut, and cut the bolt down so much only 1/2 of a thread was in the nut) i received the replacement hardware (new bolt and a lock-nut like the other main gear had). Well upon putting the gear together, the new hardware would hit the main gear strut when you tried to retract the gear. After 3 1/2 to 4 months of calling and emailed 3 to 4 times a week, my questions and eventual requests to have a replacement gear sent to me went unanswered. Needless to say, after spending over $1000 on the gear and then having to grind a 1/4" slot in one of the main gear struts, i will probably never buy anything from him again, and if I have to, i will be sure to inspect them for proper operation and assembly immediately after receiving them..

Great product (when its done correctly). Horrible customer service.