RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
bigbird3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ed Kazmurski's Taurus

ORIGINAL: avlwilsons

The following is a revised timeline compiled from earlier versionsI believe it is accurate? I changed slightly the time of the ''carrier photos'' from AFTER the world championships to BEFORE the W.C. I did this because I noticed on the Flying Models cover that the FAI stickers were not on the plane at that point. This model was to be the backup for the 1963 worlds

August 1959 US Nats. (Modified Astro Hog 2nd)

June 1960 Orion plans published

July 1960 W/C Switzerland. Orion wins

November 1960 Orion kit released

August 1961 US Nats. (modified Orion/ first ''experimental'' Taurus with long nose moment/short tail moment- not happy)

December 6, 1961 First formal Taurus plan drawn

April 1962 Eds Africa tour. (Starts April 17 for three weeksTaurus used).

May 1962 Tauri kit released

August 1962 US Nats. Taurus wins

October 1962 Taurus plan published in RCM&E

December 1962 Taurus kit released

January 1963 Taurus plan/article published in MAN

July 1963 Ed skips 1963 NATS

August 1963 Carrier flights (demonstrates dunhams' Orbit proportional with Taurus-2 flown with original thicker wing)

August 21,1963 W/C Belgium. Reed Taurus 3rd. (Back-up is Taurus-2 with thick wing and early proportional radio)

April 1964 Tauri plan published

August 1964 US Nats. (Taurus-2 with Taurus regular thickness 2419 modified, and tapered-wing with straight L.E.)

August 1965 US Nats. Simla? used
in your post #736, I saw the carrier. It is the USS Lexington. It has been moored in Corpus Christi Bay for some 12 or 14 years now. I was a cab driver there for some time and drove by it many many times. At that time I had about five M.A.N. magazines including the on in your post. I donated them to the Lexington museum for their collection.
Pretty neat that these guys flew on 27 MHZ let alone around a giant metal structure over the water! I remember when I flew 27 mhz in 65! You had to watch out for CB guys that would try to shoot you down with a high powered linier!
By the By???????? where can I get a set of plans for the Taurus??????? with all the junk drawn on it?????
Please????? It may already have been posted but this is as far as I have read (looked at pictures) so I may have missed it and then I find there are over 2500 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW! I see my love for this plane is not misplaced. I'm also looking for a source of plans from this era of the sleek neat low wing birds too. I found some several years ago and now can't find them again. Any help?
thanks.
bird.