RCU Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone tried the new PTE36R ?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 02:02 PM
gunny11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone tried the new PTE36R ?

It was 52° f today and I ran my engine on a test stand. All I have to say is what a sweet little engine. The engine consistently starts on one to three flips. Depending on how long it sat. Always starts on the first flip within 15 minutes. If I let it sit for an hour or more it needs to be re-choked. Getting back to it after I let sit for the hour. I needed to choke it. I tried closing the choke and it wouldn't close. The choke screw backed out! Now that has never happened to me before. Thank goodness that the screw is deformed so it wont fall out. I re-tightened it and all is good now. I will go back to it later and red lock-tite it in. On a balanced xoar 18X8 laminate prop I was getting 8,000 top end and a steady 1,800 rpm's on the low end. Just a little vibration at the half way point (4,000 rpm) but I haven't touched the needles yet. I have four 10 minute run intervals on it so far with the stock ignition module and cap. I haven't checked the timing on it as far as where it is set. Fuel used is 93 octane at 32:1 with Penzoil air cooled (fossil) oil.
So far so good. I will be running it more weather,temperature and neighbor permitting lol. But it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be.

Engines I have run;
ZDZ 40, ZDZ 80 twin, RCS 22 x2, RCS 44 twin, RCS 30 x2, DA 50, Revelution 52, Zenoah G38, Quadra 42 and now PTE-36

Subscribed,

Gunny