RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flew new Escapade
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
texaswarbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flew new Escapade

This plane Escapade 40 size is fun. I had it first installed w/ a Magnum 40 XL, which was ok for pattern fly. Since I still have Evolution 45 engine that comes with a P-51 PTS, I put it on the Escapade. This engine streams like a little monster, turning prop 10x7 at 15,500's rpm. My field is rough so 11 sized prop hit the bumpy runway on take off and landing. I have not flown w/ this configuration yet though it promises FAST. If you guys put the battery BELOW the fuel tank then the CG is balanced. By the way, I do not use rechargable battery for the receiver; I use 4 AA battery in a Radio Shack battery tray. This configuration enable me to fly for many times. I flew over 10 flights a day for a whole weekend and the battery indicator still show top greenlight. I love to watch the landing. It sinks nicely and does not drop wing. It touches down on main gear and continues to roll w/ the tail gear still up, everytime. Enjoy yours....and don't forget to do pre-flight checks. Some guy had the elevator torn away in flight in a full speed dive and a spectacular carnage.