RCU Forums - View Single Post - My 1/12 Jammin CRT.5 big block build
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 11:44 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My 1/12 Jammin CRT.5 big block build

ORIGINAL: JRockZ

I also had a few screws fall out in my front hubs today too, i'd guess this is common and im sure i read somewhere about the hubs being a problem anyone else have this happen? Yak?? I replaced them and used a dab of light thread lock on the very tips where they grab into the weird little nuts inside the C-hubs but i fear this happening again, so is aluminum hubs the fix maybe?
Thanks!!
Yes i had the same problem with those screw falling out. fortunantly I had extras on hand and some locktight fixed the problem for me. the forst one fell out on just my second run with the truck. ponce I fixed it and went back out 2 minutes later I had the same problem on the other side. I should have just locktighted them both at the same time but i was too lazy. but since adding the locktight there has been no mre issues with screws loosening.

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie
Jrock, put thicker oil in the center diff. 10k-30k has always worked well for ThunderbirdJunkie's bashers in general.

ThunderbirdJunkie is right. you need to add shock oil to your center diff. from the factory it just has grease in it and very little of it. I didn't have any diff oil when I put mine together so I used some of the 50 weight shock oil I had left from building the shocks and it has been fine so far but I have mine geared so high that there isn't enough bottom end torque to lift the front wheels enough to really notice if the oil weight needs adjustment. but I would say if you went with oil between 5K and 10K you would be in good shape. the thicker oil TBJ suggested will work as well, but as you increase the weight you will go closer to a locked center diff.