RCU Forums - View Single Post - are you kidding
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: are you kidding

ORIGINAL: thef@st1

have read some posts lately and people talk about spelling and grammar. this is a rc site right? lay off grammar police. if you cant understand what someone is trying to say just move on. kids use abbreviations now cause of texting. deal with it. lets talk bout rc stuff. had to get that off my chest.

chris
Well I used to visit another forum that would actually delete post that were done in txt lingo.
Reason being is similar to as you stated that this is a RC site for people to talk about RC's its kind of hard to have a conversation when you have people using all kinds of stupid abbreviations instead of taking time to type out a proper post using something that even remotely resembles the English language. Also remember not everyone is in with the text lingo I know I'm not seeing I honestly see no need in the world for texting to even exist. So if I post something, and someone replies in some gibberish I can not decipher how is that going to facilitate a conversation? In all honesty it would do the complete opposite it will fracture the community.

On those last few where they went off I'll be honest I didn't find any real issue with trying to understand it. The one was just lacking capital letters, and had a few typos(which ironically the people who got anal on correcting it had typos, and spacing issues themselves). Its the ones that might as well be posted in Swahili I have issues with.