RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ed Kazmirski's Taurus
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ed Kazmirski's Taurus

Bo

I really appreciate everyone who has caught the "Kazmirski fever", and takes a genuine interest in Ed's life, and especially his R/C career. I wrote an article for Model Aviation magazine, (I believe it was July of 2010) called KAZ, which was intended to do just that...highlight his R/C career and his aircraft designs, while trying to make some sense of everything by trying to put everything on a time line. The article was based on this thread, (from beginning to end, which was 80 some pages back then). I think of the ones I've written it was my favorite. The Simla article came in March of 2011 to try to tie the two together.

I would still challenge those of you who would like to re-discover Ed with us to start at page ONE, and read through it a few pages at a time. Admittedly, there is some junk, arguments, theories and speculations, (some of them no doubt pure crap...you have to find which ones are which), whatever you want to call it, but mixed in, there is also a great deal of authoritative information and "pearls" on Ed. I don't know of a place anywhere that has gathered so much information about his 11 year career.

Even those of you have have followed this thread from the beginning might benefit from a "refresher". I have re-read 20-30 pages on a few occasions trying to find something, and I always find some interesting stuff I had forgotten. It beats watching TV.

Now about the photos: I know your first photo was posted before, but I do not recall the other two, (Ray/Evan/UStik if you're listening-in, please remind me if we've seen these two before).

I'm still planning to post more detailed information of the Taurus II original thick wing soon...stay tuned.

Thanks Bo

Duane