RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 03:46 AM
STICK MODE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM FW D-9

Well made 2 gun covers the first I wasn’t happy with the 2nd yeh she’s all good wings finished and stab done all glassed ready to fit,
sierra retracts I had to cut down by 10 mm rather than cut in to the retract wells and leave nothing in the middle just started the sliding canopy it’s a job but now know where im heading after a lot of head scratching have got my Glennis wheels (very nice) when you do a canopy you also need to do the cock pit at the same time to work out sliding distance etc I made my own rails out of k+S brass square cutting a 1.5 mm slot over 12inches it’s a slow build but hey im in no rush with a few planes up the sleeve to fly lol over all im enjoying the build I had to cut the cowl and put in 4 x10mm segments to make it bigger all around so that the twin will fit I don’t want any thing showing and the plugs would have protruded had I not expanded it a tad over all its turned out well am going to use 60 nylon covered SS trace wire on the pull pull set up this was the same as I used on the A8 I pulled out all that tube for the wire guides as it junk like the whole idea of pull pull is not friction and then they put it in tubes ( work that one out lol ) the spinner is from SD hobby’s I had a SIST spinner but its just a tad to big they also do a smaller one I think about 3’’ something inches for the A8 have ordered a air ram from hobby king so hoping that will be here this week as I need it to put the sliding canopy together mean time ill finish the cock pit put it in and do a quick paint touch up so I can see something for the effort the wings ill do in undercoat then fly it a few times then do rivets and detail once I have her sorted out in the air
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84669.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1713765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90127.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1713766   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39831.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	50.8 KB