RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back Ordered ! How long?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Back Ordered ! How long?

A back order from HK can take a very long time. My flying partner ordered 4 of there LIPO packs that were on back order and it took about 6 months.
About the pack John is showing that was a HK product. I have seen several of the LIPO packs start smoking and they weren't from HK. There are a number of reasons for a pack to spark up. By now everyone should know about the fire danger of a LIPO pack. I know on mine I had to solder my own Deans connectors onto the batteries then I had to solder on my own connector onto my ESC. A mistake during the soldering or a short of any kind can cause this fire problem. I'm not a person that orders from HK but I do fly with a lot of guys that buy there electric products from no one else and I haven't seen any problems with there products. When one of there chargers started to smoke and the wires were burnt off before we could get to it we discovered the operator connected the charger backasswards. Mistakes happen. Today several of us just ordered a bunch of items from HK. Myself, I ordered three LIPO packs and an Ignition for a DLE. The savings are worth it but if anything was on back order I wouldn't have placed my order. I'm not someone that is going to wait that long.
To the OP, it can take a while, a long while. If you see something on back order just forget it and buy your items state side and spend the extra money.