RCU Forums - View Single Post - Back Ordered ! How long?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 04:24 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Back Ordered ! How long?

As I noted that pack was specifically from HK and I cannot offer any further info other than the fellow was an experianced electric flyer and had charged it at home several hours earlier and ignition occured rapidly as he plugged it in.

Actually he cannot offer any further info either. I am only the messenger take it for what its worth. Now what I did not mention was my pit table is right next next to that table and as it happened I was in process of fueling one of my 50cc airplanes with gasolene of course. That occurance happened with a loud report for all the world sounding just like a mortor. Jerking around I saw the open flames and reacted as quickly as I could taking the gas jug and myself in my wheelchair to rear. After getting clear and I grabbed my extinguisher which I always keep near and pitched it to the fellow who was on his feet and thats then I was able to take a few pictures. That exhausted extinguisher that is in one photo, is mine.

One of my fifty cc airplanes is a Turnigy from Hobby King and it is reliable, easy to start and what one would call a lethargic engine in the power department and thats fine. It been a success, worth the money for the purpose however I have no illusions about its durabilty or the fact its what I would call a throwaway engine. My other 50 cc class is an OS 55GT which is not even in the same class with the Turnigy though. That engine is superb in all the catagorys and worth every penny that was spent on it which was about three tiimes the cost of the Turnigy.

John