RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Tucano Build
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Composite ARF Tucano Build

Hi guys,

I hate to hassle you guys again about the c of g position, but I would like to finalise the build on my Tucano with the correct position built in. Here is what I'm on about;

- The manual states '12mm in front of the span lenght panel line at the wing tip', so
- When I transfer this, which is another 11mm in front of the panel line at the wing root - because the panel line has an 11mm kink in it - it is actually in front of the wing retaining bolt position. This means that all you guys who state that your plane is balancing on the wing bolt position, is actually flying an aft c of g from the manual.

Personally I would prefer a forward c of g, so I am very interested to find out where all you guys that added 12oz to the nose of your plane is balancing. Please can one of you (the 12oz blokes only) check your balance point and give me a measurement so that I can see how much I need to 'move' stuff forward. It will also provide a reference to check against the 'wing bolt' and 'manual' c of g positions.

Thank you in anticipation.

Cheers,

JanR