RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Yak?
Thread: Seagull Yak?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seagull Yak?

Well, Murphy's snake bit me again. The engine ran for me at the field for approx. 3 min. during a pre-flight check of all systems and then quit. After that, it would start but, not run. We pulled the carb and took it apart checking everything we could thing of and then put it all back together. Same thing ....start and run for about 5 sec. and then quit.
This thing is driving me nuts. It ran fine at home yesterday but, no soap today at the field. Must be something in the air out there that causes this problem because this is the second engine I've had do this to me. The first one is a 26cc gas and the problem turned out to be a lousy cheap stock carb ...so, Iordered a new one and will see how well it works when it gets here. So, two birds down due to carb problems.
To be honest ....I think I may have stripped the threads in the adapter block that fits between the engine and carb and created an air leak. Dang thing is plastic. Any how, I've ordered a new adapter and should have it by Monday or Tuesday (I hope).

RJ