RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rhino 4900
Thread: Rhino 4900
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 PM
dando

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rhino 4900

Thank you very much for the response!
Honestly I prefer to get the 3010B. It's ~50$ more, but I do think there's no problem to charge a 10S pack from 12V battery, as long as the charger consumes 500W at most. Also, I'd be able to charge a few 10S packs in parallel if needed.
I don't prefer to go anything above 1C for charging.
I'm opting for charging at home mainly with a 24V modified server power supply and maybe at the field (a pack or two). Our field doesn't have any power, nor I have a generator. Thus I think a 65-70Ah 12V car battery would be suitable for charging a 10S pack at 5 Amps and then charge another one with the engine running this time. Or start the engine, start charging, shut off engine in 20 minutes and keep charging, then repeat the same for the second pack. Does anyone have any experience how many charges could one get at 1C for a 10S 5000mAh pack from a 12V car battery with non-running engine? According to my math it should be able to complete at least one charge.
I guess I'll have to figure out that one later, when I get to the field with the finished model and setup
I'm open to all suggestions

Thanks!
Nickolay