RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Paradise - modifications
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
boomer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Paradise - modifications

ofranek
Really enjoyed your pictures, especially theone with your boat making like a submarine. Bow diving is going to happen to most boats at one time or another. Even the big boys dig the bow in heavy weather.
This boat was not designed for 18+ knots but looks like she was hanging in there.

Just a thought - you might try pulling the mast back a tad with the back stay to see if that will help keep her bow up. Another consideration might be to add small amounts of weight to the aft end - this helps on some boats as their CGoften favors the front of the boat.

We use very small segmented weights to get the correct CG on RC aircraft - they are sold at most hobby shops that sell rc aircraft. I have used them successfully on a Seawind and a Nirvana to get a little better trim angle the boats.

I posted a picture of the weights and of an install on a Nirvana for your reference. I get the weights here in the states from Tower Hobbies, here is a link to them. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXK204
The weights have adhesive on one side, so it's a very easy to install them. Takes a few trys to get it right but it worked for these boats. Just a thought..................

Nice job on the up grades. I think you'll find many of the production boats can be improved upon, and after all, that is part of the fun!

There is a very active sailboat forum you guys might enjoy checking out = rcgroups.com It has the most active sailboat section I have found. Check it out.

Enjoy
Boomer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17559.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1717538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51386.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1717539