Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Nitro-Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Dont Have IT

ORIGINAL: AugerDawger

I am out...you win.

ok

I have to say to build a KIT and loose it is a tough ride......[:@]

If that was the case I never would have made it in this hobby……that is for sure.

So I have a few suggestions for you:

1 - You have a sim (real flight) so you are good there

2 - Get the book, One week to solo, Dave is an AWESOME instructor, best $25 you can ever spend learning this hobby

http://www.rcflightschool.com/Manuals_Page.asp

3 - Get a replacement high wing trainer.....don't listen to these guys who say "Fly a this, or that"....you were spot on with a glow trainer.

4 - get an ARF - You will have it together in 6 hours with your building skills.....much less skin off your back when you scratch it up learning to take off and land in 15MPH wind

5 - Get an instructor that goes over the stuff "Soup to Nuts".....i.e. I know what a "Frequency Control Board" is for, but I started 6 years ago with Spektrum, and never had a FM radio......why? Because my instructor taught everything, including safety and use the buddy box!

6 – Do not give up, fly the covering off that ARF trainer……..do not advance too fast…..learn good form now while you can (i.e. the book will guide you)……

Once you burn 5 or 6 gallons of Nitro move on to a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick, good second plane…

Then buy Dave’s 2nd book, Repeat the 5 or 6 gallons with the Ultra stick

Just like shampoo, Lather, Rinse, repeat

Good luck man, hope you get it, not many guys can build a kit for a first plane, once past the intro, you will go far in this hobby! [8D]